Mission Legacy Award
St. Mary’s was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton in 1923 and opened in October of 1924. Since that time, the hospital’s staff, physicians and volunteers have proudly carried on the legacy of providing care with dignity, compassion and respect – the hallmarks of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
The Mission Legacy Award was created to recognize those who have contributed in an exceptional manner to the health care ministry of the Sisters, St. Mary’s General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Health System and/or St. Joseph’s Resource Development System.
Nominations are accepted internally and from members of the community. Nominees can include current and former staff, physicians and volunteers and board of trustee members. Posthumous nominations are also accepted. Nominations, which are accepted every year until the end of January, are considered by a selection committee with an awards presentation held in June.
To learn more about the award call the President’s office at 519-749-6544.
Award nomination form
Past recipients 2007-2017