The Transfusion Medicine lab performs rigorous testing on patient samples to provide compatible blood for transfusions. The consequence of receiving an incompatible unit of blood could ultimately prove fatal for the patient.
The lab team seeks a secure a software solution, Vedant, which provides a comprehensive audit of the laboratory information system build for Transfusion Medicine. Accreditation requires validation of all scenarios for patient cross matches, and blood product dispensing. This software would provide a means to ensure an all encompassed testing of the laboratory information system to mitigate risk for patient safety.
The Vedant software program can be used retrospectively on the current transfusion medicine laboratory infor-mation system build as well as future build validations. Upon installation, the Vedant software will:
- Analyze the system environment and point out any fundamental build issues;
- Perform large-scale validation tests against the testing environment;
- Understand and analyze the errors it encounters, and assess their risk to patient safety, to help prioritize a resolution;
- Compare testing and production environments to ensure tests are realistic;
- Automatically schedule weekly and monthly regression testing with no user intervention required;
- Run tests for days or weeks, automatically rebooting the testing computer as needed.
The Vedant software is a shared solution with Grand River Hospital. As such , funding accountability is divided based on patient volume.
Funding is sought to purchase the Vedant software for blood bank validation. Your support will ensure blood transfusion patient safety for patients at both St. Mary’s General Hospital and Grand River Hospital.
Total Cost: $24,000*
*The Vedant software is a shared resource with Grand River Hospital and cost is divided according to patient volume.
Donate now to support priority equipment needs like this. Your donation will be invested in that which is most urgently required to provide effective patient care.
DONATE TO PRIORITY EQUIPMENT