Hike for Heart | September 12, 2021
Hike for Heart Committee is responsible for the Coordination of the signature fall event. The committee is responsible for the planning, logistics and execution of the 500-person hike in Laurel Creek Conservation Area in September. Volunteers on the Hike for Heart Committee work on all aspects of the event including working with Laurel Creek to plan the route, event day agenda, food and beverage, programing for kids and families, prizes and more.
Hike for Heart is a family friendly event which occurs in September. St. Mary’s Hike for Heart brings everyone who has been on this journey, together in a celebration of recovery. Providing an opportunity to gather with individuals, families and St. Mary’s staff who understand this shared experience. Come out to beautiful Laurel Creek Conservation Area and join a 1, 3 or 5 km hike followed by a free lunch! Together, we embrace the strength of one another and celebrate the joy of recovery!
Key responsibilities could include:
- Assist with marketing of the hike including developing content for website, social media and networking in the community.
- Assist with layout, flow, parking, signage and overall logistics associated with the event beginning to end.
- Manage and recruit participant registration both online and onsite at the event.
- Plan and coordinate food and refreshments for participants at the post hike festivities.
- Ensure safety regulations are in place and being adhered to.
- Participate in promotional activities by visiting local sports businesses/running stores to hand out information.
- Strong organization and event planning skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Comfortable liaising with SMGHF Staff and other VIP participants
- Strong teamwork skills
- Previous experience with executing a similar event is an asset
The Hike for Heart Committee meets one evening a month from July – September. Pre-event walk thru, and working meetings can be expected. This event will happen rain or shine and may involve sitting, standing and bending. The committee meets monthly for 1.5 hours, time commitment varies on your role with the committee.
Committee Meetings - MONTHLY
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM
Single Day Volunteers:
Single day volunteers are needed to assist with the event day set-up, lunch service, children’s programing. Additional single day volunteers are needed to assist with traffic control, parking and registration. Volunteers under the age of 19 are permitted to volunteer at this event.